Monday 19 November 2007

Inspired

I am inspired! I'm not sure if this is your average mid-life crisis, or whether I am reaching a great turning point in my life, but just recently, something has occured to me.

1) Nobody is going to give me my dream job. I'm going to have to make it for myself.

Inspired by the whole idea of (1), this evening I have listened to the audiobook version of "Anyone Can Do It", by noted Scottish Dragon, Mr Duncan Ballantyne. Having heard his inspirational tales of how he made millions by selling ice cream and building care homes, I have now progressed to a second realisation!

2) Working for a living is altogether far too much hassle.

From this, 1+2 leads on to the inevitability of my final conclusion:

3) I want to retire. Right now.

At last I have a life plan! "What do you want from your life?" is a question asked by all good self-help books. And several bad ones too. Up until now, I was not entirely sure. Now I am. I want to retire! So at least I now have a plan. How to get there is another matter entirely.

P.S. Also bought some more premium bonds.

No comments: