Monday 15 October 2007

Spaceman

Dear Diary,

Having a lovely time tidying up. It's like a giant jigsaw, coming together a few pieces at a time.

On Saturday I moved three storage boxes away from behind my chair. With those boxes out of the way, on Sunday I was able to get to a much bigger old box with stuff piled on top. And once I'd piled through that, on Monday I was able to move the big pile of (flat) cardboard boxes that I bought earlier in the year (but which ended up being really just rather too big and not any kind of aid to tidiness at all.)

So now I can walk to my window, and look out of the window. This is nice.

Of course there's still more to to. In exchange for all this space, I do have more or less a complete wall formed of nothing but storage boxes - but that's not so bad, and it's several hundred times tidier than it used to be. Plus, the storage box is a handy unit of work for the second wave of ruthlessness which is sure to follow in the future.

I'd quite like to move the filing cabinet by the window over to the other side of the room. So if I clear four boxes, I'll have the space to do that.

I like this a lot. There's even more of a "point" to tidying when I can say "I need to do THIS so that I can do/have THAT". It's useful to have a reason to do things.

I've said it before, I'm still not entirely sure what I'll do with myself once I'm fully "tidy" - but then again, given that I've been wittering on about this since last December, I'm sure that this blog's millions and millions of readers will be delighted to have me finally stop wittering on about cardboard boxes all the time. :-)

No comments: