Wednesday 2 April 2008

Home Beautiful With Antnoise


All of a sudden, I find myself having more of an eye for interior design and the home beautiful. My attention gets caught by shows on Channel 4 like "Location Location Location Location Location Location Location" or whatever it's called, and suddenly the furniture section of the Argos catalogue has a purpose.

I must be getting old. Previously the only parts of the Argos catalogue which held any interest were the pages where the toys and electronics were housed. Those other pages - well, just silly really. Who knew? Perhaps I will buy a new bed to replace the slightly askew one which I currently sleep on, where springs leap out, their pointy ends surprising my fleshy behind. A new bed would indeed be nice.

A few days ago I went out and bought a laundry box. In which to put laundry in a tidy manner. It is pictured above, to the right. Isn't it nice?

In the past few days I have also started dismantling a rather unsatisfactory plastic cd/dvd rack which wobbles in the corner of my room. It has left a very pleasing space where it used to be. I am so enjoying this tidying-up business, it's going to be such a shame when it's over...

No comments: