Thursday 30 November 2006

One Better Day

After a long day at work which, if you'd asked me last night, showed all signs of being "the one" where I would have finally walked out in a fit of petulance and sheer creative angst at being an unrecognised genius, I find myself actually quite pleased at how everything went.

Perhaps it was the expensive sandwiches offered to me at lunchtime. Perhaps it was the skilful way in which my tormentors gave me no sign that bad things were undoubtedly being planned. Perhaps it was just nice that people seemed pleased to see me. Perhaps I'm looking forward to the Christmas party. Perhaps it was just nice to get a chance to kick back and have several decent chats with the people who matter. Maybe it's just because tomorrow is Friday.

I don't talk about where I work - and I'm still not going to - but we won an actual proper BAFTA award recently, and it's surprising how amazingly nice that feels. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't because of anything specifically that I did, but it doesn't matter. It's ours - we did it. It's for all my friends, my colleagues, the people I'm happy to share my 9-5 with. And when you're in such good company, there's no reason not to smile about it.

No comments: