Wednesday 3 January 2007

Multiple Personality Blogging


I have decided that I quite like blogging. Regular readers will of course already be aware that I invented blogging, oh yes, but even despite this, it's not something that I've done a whole lot of until fairly recently. Now, I feel at one with the art form, and I feel I should extend it into brave new territories.

I like blogging so much that I'd like to do it more often. But the problem is that it's too confining to write things that are, as they say, "good for all time zones". Things that I might feel comfortable saying to some people who know me, are things that maybe I shouldn't say to people who DON'T know me. And, perhaps, even better, imagine all the depraved and awful things I could say, safe in the knowledge that anyone reading DOESN'T know me, so they won't be shocked and apalled if it should happen that they DO know me.

So maybe I need more blogs. Imagine the possibilities..

Blog number 1 - this one, the original and best. Interesting and thoughtful, open and honest, a rollercoaster ride of fun and entertain mints, but hopefully without any content that is too apalling.

Blog number 2 - the 'Second Life' blog, where I can be boring and nerdy and talk about my life as a vampire bat to an audience of fellow bats who won't find that entirely strange, stupid, or weird.

Blog number 3 - the 'entertainment' blog for readers of my other website. Hopefully still interesting, but not too honest, because I don't want to show too much of myself to people who don't know me but know OF me.

Blog number 4 - the 'disgusting' blog where I show all of myself to people who DON'T know me OR know OF me. So finally I will be able to confess my garden gnome fetish to the world! .... Oops.

Blog number 5 - the 'ex directory' blog that nobody at all gets to see and is only for myself.

Blog number 6 - the 'technical' blog, where I can write long boring missives about the relative excellence of computer programming languages, technology, and the kind of stuff that will be OK for the readers of Blogs 1, 2 and 3 (but perhaps not 4) to read as well, but which only a few of them would be interested in, so it can live in its own little space by itself.

I wonder how much of this is a good idea - whether it will allow me to write more things about more topics, or whether I'll just be swapping one blog that doesn't update very often for six blogs that don't update very often. Maybe this is a dark and disturbing sign that there are too many different Me's inside my head. If so, I'll need Blog number 7 to chronicle my descent into madness...

No comments: