Thursday 6 December 2007

OI!

"The Bank of England has cut interest rates to 5.5% from 5.75% amid signs that..."

WHAT?! They can't do that! Well, I guess they can, but they mustn't! They shouldn't! What is going to happen to my savings? Soon my pennies of savings will be earning even less pennies of interest. How am I to retire before I'm 40 at this rate?

Needless to say, those no-good heels and bums at the Nationwide and the Halifax announced that they would be cutting their savings rates immediately. Which is awfully nice of them. After all, when interest rates go up they usually think about it for a few months before passing on the increase.

This will never do. Although I see it made the FTSE go up, so maybe it's not all bad. No, who am I kidding, what an annoyance it all is. Bah! Humbug.

No comments: