Friday 29 December 2006

Cut and Shut

I knew there was a reason why I never threw anything away. Boxes, old telephones, broken computer drives.. I lose track of the amount of useless stuff I keep "just in case it might be useful one day".

Today, oh yes, today I am vindicated. Because the curly cable thingy on my usual phone has become somewhat worse for wear over the past few months, coming to bits and generally making my phone calls rather crackly. But no longer! And for why? Well, while tidying up today, I found another phone just like my usual one. It was broken, stopped working several years ago, but I did not throw it away, in case it came in useful one day in the future.

Today was that day. Using my superior engineering skills, I was able to combine the working top part of my usual phone (which is white), with the working bottom part of the broken phone (which is green). The result, a fully working phone, in a delightful white and green combination which I choose to find pleasing.

I would take a photograph of it, but I can't find my camera. Or my camera phone. I think I've put them in a box somewhere. If I ever find them, I'll get snapping. And in the meantime, I've put away the broken top and bottom halves, in case they too may become useful one day.

No comments: