Wednesday 27 December 2006

Out Of Office

It’s Wednesday. Yes, just “Wednesday”. Alas, “Christmas Day” and “Boxing Day” have gone, and all that is left is a very ordinary Wednesday. But I don’t want Christmas to be over. I still have tinsel hanging up, I still have my little fibre-optic Christmas tree merrily twinkling away in the corner.. Christmas is not over. It can’t be.

So right now, my challenge is to stay festive and enjoy the rest of the two-week holiday I ended up booking out of the office, even in the knowledge that many people have already gone back to work and that, right now, things are probably happening in my office while I am not there.

I don’t care. I did check my email about half an hour ago, just to see if anything interesting was going on, but apart from an appeal for people to bring their letters and parcels to the mail room before 3pm, all seemed pretty quiet.

So today I am busy busying myself with things to do. I made a start on tidying up yesterday, so I’d imagine that’s going to keep me busy for a while longer. And checking my email this morning, I’m delighted to see that eBay is having another 10p day on Friday. So not only can I tidy up, but I can keep an eye out for things to sell at the same time. What fun.

Meanwhile, in the spirit of tidiness, I’ve also joined Freecycle, which seems like an awfully neat idea. Instead of throwing things away, you can let people in your local area know that you have something, and that they can come get it (for free) if they want it. Might be a useful avenue to get rid of things which don’t sell on eBay or which are just too large/awkward to remove by other means. Who knows?

There doesn’t seem to be anything on TV today, but there’s a good programme on the radio this afternoon between 3 and 6, so I think that, all things considered, I may have just about enough to keep me busy for today. And I’ll try not to keep checking my work email too often.

No comments: