Wednesday 4 October 2006

Light Reading

Scott Adams is best known as the maker of Dilbert, the cynical cartoon strip particularly popular with office workers and IT nerds like.. well.. me. But like any good genius, having achieved fame and fortune with Dilbert, Scott goes "No! Wait! I'm more than that", and suddenly he's writing weird books that nobody understands, without any cartoons in them at all.

I don't remember seeing it in any best-seller lists, but it seems that now the publishers of the book have started giving it away, in the hope that it might reach the right kind of people who'd really really like it.

I read it a while ago and was moderately amused, baffled, and bored in almost equal measure. But for free, it's very much worth reading. Scott's blog has millions of readers so I doubt he needs the publicity.. but if you might like it, take a read of God's Debris.

No comments: